https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ik_w_O8Jviu-4wMwvbnkM8YlaYIWNYHG3LKxxQy_62M/edit

Hi Alistair, Brian, Yulu

The group I chose is Pods 4 “Happiness”. I think their group project is one of the most informative projects I have read. It is divided into multiple parts so that I can easily grasp the content. First, this outline provides the results you want to achieve after reading this article. However, some areas need to be polished to make the entire project look academic.

Thank you for sharing, and look forward to your revised design!

First, it seems to me that the project lacks proper in-text citations that would authenticate the findings of the study. The author has used research references but omitted their inclusion inside the text. Text citation helps the reader to understand sentences and information retrieved from a different source. Various statements need to be cited because they are not the writer’s ideas. When such information is not cited, the writer might be accused of plagiarism (Brown, Dickson, Humphreys, McQuillan, & Smears, 2008). For instance, the author defines happiness but fails to indicate the source of the definition. Even though the paper lacks in-text citation, the author must be recommended for referencing corporate and peer-reviewed journals. The reference list contains credible sources.

In form, the small class design has many advantages, which is conducive to teaching and is the most ideal teaching method. The teaching of 15 students in small classes can take various forms of teaching, take into account the differences between middle school students, flexibly master the teaching requirements and progress, and adjust the teaching structure in a timely manner. Every student in the classroom can better express themselves and have a greater chance of getting a successful experience.

Regarding the learning method, you have chosen direct guidance, presenting information to learners through text and video lectures. Although this is a good way to learn, because “happiness” is a very abstract concept, after I read your lesson structure, I think it may be better to combine experiential teaching schemes, which will help learners to absorb better. And feedback.

The whole lesson structure is very complete, from the learning plan, method, environment, every step is very perfect, especially the details. And for the hearing impaired learners, a special preparation plan was made. I think this part is very good, and other groups can also learn from it.

Reference

Brown, C. A., Dickson, R., Humphreys, A. L., McQuillan, V., & Smears, E. (2008). Promoting academic writing/referencing skills: Outcome of an undergraduate e‐learning pilot project. British journal of educational technology39(1), 140-156.